Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sweet Baby Ray's Burgers

So I just made these and they're AHMAZING!!! This is actually totally my own recipe and not one I tweaked, like I usually do. This is actually the first time I've used the 95% lean grass fed ground beef, and it definitely will not be the last! It tastes so much better and cleaner! I'm in love ::sigh::

I really love cooking on my days off. I just like to look in my spice cabinet, look in the freezer, look back in the spice cabinet, look in the fridge and then I decide what I'm cooking and what's going in it. This method generally works out well, in case you were wondering. This method worked out very well for this recipe as well.

I'm really not a fan of consuming things with HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) in it (mostly because my brother is allergic to corn), for obvious reasons, but I love me some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. I can't help it. It's delicious. And its so good that I'm afraid to try an all natural brand with no HFCS in it and then it's gonna suck and I'll just end up pissed. So, after much thought. It's decided. I'm sticking with the Ray's. I found 1 burger to be plenty when I ate these, but that may be because I ate it with my Smashed Partatoes (that's the next recipe btw), so everything was quite filling. Let's get this party started:

Sweet Baby Ray's Burgers

1lb 95% lean grass fed ground beef

1/4 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ sauce

2 tbsp minced garlic

1/4 cup minced onions

Pinch of black pepper (eyeball it)

Pinch of Borsari seasoned salt (again, eyeball it)

In a medium bowl add all the ingredients, including the beef, and mix throughly. I used my hand to mix it, it just works better. I actually put this back in the fridge for like 2 hours, only because I made this mixture ahead of time and wasn't ready to cook it yet. But there's no reason why you can't cook these immediately after combining everything.



Form patties to the size of your liking. I made decent sized patties, so 1 lb yielded 4 burgers. I cooked these stove top, cuz I'm afraid of using the grill (long story). But I'm sure they'd be sooooo much better on the grill. I cooked these about 7 minutes on each side total, over medium heat. I turned them a few times so as to brown evenly. You can cook them less or more depending on your desired "doneness."



Did I mention these came out amazing?!? Seriously though. Amazing. I also fried some plantains to eat with this. I did put about 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in the pan for the burgers, but no oil for the plantains. You really don't necessarily need it if you have a good non-stick pan.

I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!! Thanks for being healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment