Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins

So I found this recipe on Pinterest, where I find many recipes, and it was already healthy so there really isn't much I tweaked about it. The only things I did to make it mine is, I added cinnamon to the recipe and used 60% Cacao dark chocolate chips (Ghiradelli) instead of using mini milk chocolate chips. Gotta get my antioxidant's! This recipe is courtesy of greenlitebites.com.

Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins

  • 3 cups Old Fashion of Rolled Oats
  • 3 mashed bananas
  • 1 cup vanilla Almond milk (I use Silk Pure Almond milk)
  • 2 eggs (I use cage free brown eggs)
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (I used the McCormick brand because it has no High Fructose Corn Syrup in it)
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 3 tbsp 60% Cacao dark chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli)

 Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the inside of the muffin cups, or you could use the paper cupcake cups. Mix together all of the ingredients, adding the chocolate chips last. Place the mixture in the cups, filling them and 1/2-2/3 of the way full. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool and enjoy! It should make a dozen muffins with no problem. What I love about this recipe is, it's dairy free and there's no sugar added!! You could even make it gluten-free by using gluten-free oats instead. Those of you that are use to eating really sweet things, may think they are bland. But they get sweetness from the chocolate chips as well. Also, you could swap out chocolate chips for blueberries.
She actually has the nutrition information listed on her website, BUT she makes 15 muffins, so her nutrition information is for 15. I did some math and came up with the nutrition information for the recipe that makes 12. Now this is approximate.


Servings: 12. Amount per serving: 1 muffin
Calories: 143
Fat: 3.75g
Carbs: 26g
Sugar: 7.5g
Protein: 5g


I hope you enjoy this as much as I am right now! Thanks for being healthy!





No comments:

Post a Comment