Sunday, July 29, 2012

Honey Garlic Chicken

So this one, I actually don't have a picture of, as I am out of town, but really wanted to share this with you guys. But the next time I make it, I will take a pic. Again, another recipe I got off Pinterest and tweaked. This one is a little more complicated, but I swapped out regular flour for almond flour.

Honey Garlic Chicken

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half

1/2 cup of almond flour/meal

4 tsp of black pepper

2 tsp of salt-free garlic and herb seasoning

Honey Garlic sauce

1/2 cup of low/reduced sodium Tamari (gluten free soy sauce)

1/2 cup raw wildflower honey

2 tbsp minced garlic

2 tsp of black pepper

In a bowl, mix the almond flour, black pepper, and garlic and herb seasoning. After cutting the chicken breasts in half (or buying the thin cut breasts), place the breasts in the almond flour mix, coating each side well. Broil the chicken for approximately 8-10 mins on each side.

While the chicken is cooking, in a small sauce pan, over medium heat, add all the ingredients listed for the sauce and stir until the honey thins out and blends. Remove from heat. When the chicken is finished cooking, place the chicken in a bowl and pour the sauce over the chicken breasts. You're probably going to want to turn the chicken breasts and pour more over the other side. I wouldn't suggest you just dump the entire sauce on the chicken, as it does not need a lot and you will have excess.

What I really like about this recipe is the nice kick the chicken gets from all the black pepper. And it's very tasty. This was boyfriend approved! This pairs very nicely with the Mango Cucumber salad I posted previously. Just saying. Thanks for being healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment